What makes our approach different?
At Focus, we are very proud of the authenticity and competence of our clinicians and management staff. Here are some ways that we attempt to address all aspects of a complete health care experience.
- Focus is a family owned and operated practice. Focus owner, David Vrsalovic, has created a warm, comfortable healing environment. Far from cold, sterile or intimidating, we hope that one step into our office will make you feel like you are in someone’s home.
- A multi-faceted approach to healing and recovery is implemented from the first visit. We practice a clinical marriage of modern western orthopedics and nutrition with traditional Eastern medicine and philosophy. Every person has individual needs and it is approached that way at Focus.
- At Focus, physical therapy does not mean you go off into a corner and do a series of exercises on your own. We are a hands on practice where you will work one on one with your therapist and not be passed off to coaches or assistants, as continuity matters. A full biomechanical and neurological examination is performed during every evaluation and progress is expected. All structural asymmetries and areas of weakness or nerve entrapment are addressed. We specialize in the release of these entrapments through manipulations of soft tissue, joints, and nerves. This is done with our hands, acupuncture needles and carefully constructed stretching and strengthening routines that can be performed anywhere.
- Through the years, our treatments have evolved to ensure that our decades of clinical experience is in lock step with the always changing body of current medical research. Not everyone’s conditions are the same. Some need to strengthen more, while others need to stretch more. Some need to slow down and unwind, while others need to increase activity and physical performance. Acupuncture is beneficial to some, while manual therapy or exercise is more helpful. So whether you are an elite athlete, or want to be able to sit with less pain, we will walk with you through the complicated web of information available to determine what is the best approach for your particular problem.
- Every patient’s diet is reviewed for it’s pertinence to the condition as well as overall health maintenance. Today’s modern diet is filled with imbalances that promote bodily inflammation and pain. This might cause slowly healing tendonitis, gastrointestinal irritation, headaches, or sleep disturbance. When appropriate, we encourage you to consult with our integrative nutritionist, Jessica.